3D Cone Beam Scan
We are proud to offer cutting edge diagnostic technology with the Sirona Galileos Imaging System. This system provides three-dimensional, high-definition, in-office digital imaging of the oral and facial regions. It is able to produce scans in 20 seconds, minimizing your radiation exposure.
The scans obtained give complete 3D views of the oral and maxillofacial structures and the most thorough diagnostic information possible for a variety of treatment areas, which allows for more accurate treatment planning and more predictable outcomes.
The 3D system is used for a variety of procedures including impacted teeth, dental implants, sinus lifts, bone grafting, oral pathologies, and many more. The data is extremely useful in optimizing diagnostics by providing the following benefits:
- Allows for precision placement of implants
- Identifies amount of bone available for placement of implants
- Indicates whether bone grafting or sinus lift is required
- Provides views of sinus cavity, impacted teeth, nerves, and blood vessels
- Determines proximity of vital structures
- Accurately measures bone and jaw deformities
- Detects cysts, tumors, or other pathology
- Less radiation compared to a medical CT
- Helps in creating precise surgical treatment plans prior to surgery
- Scan can be easily shared with your referring dentist
Panoramic radiography, also called panoramic x-ray is a two-dimensional (2-D) dental x-ray examination that captures the entire mouth in a single image. It’s an important diagnostic tool that provides valuable information about tooth positioning, gum and bone irregularities, abscesses, signs of jaw-joint problems, sinus problems, and receding bone levels caused by periodontal disease. This information is important for developing an effective treatment plan that meets your oral surgical needs. You will also be able to better visualize and understand your oral condition.